Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My first B'day surprise in 2009

It was a rainy evening. I drove alone to Bayswater for my high school gathering. I was quite bothered and feeling empty for the following reason.
1. I had zero cash My wallet was EMPTY what the hell.
2. I just had a fight with my friend for some trivial matter.
3. It was raining and there was serious traffic jam.

When I got there, my friends were already there. Wei Jian came down after I called to pass me the excess card. When he got up my car, he looked extremely calm. Then he suddenly told me this
"Sew Xian cannot come d."

Sew Xian had this reputation for his "spontaneously". So without doubt, I went into the lift with my absent-minded smile, asking about where's daniel and telling Wei Jian that Wei Qian couldn't come.

When I was in front of the door step, I see no lights in the living room. When daniel comes out, I asked why. He says
"Wei Jian says its better not to waste too much electricity."

I stepped in the room searching for the switch cause its ridiculously dark.

Then I saw that small but bright yellow light coming out from the kitchen, and heard the familiar melody

~Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you. da da da da da......~

OMG! Its just early Jan and I already had my special moments!

Thanks A lot to Daniel, Wei Jian, Sew Xian, Jia Ting, Yu Juan. It means A LOT to me.

I remember my 18th birthday, they gave me a surprise too!

I can still picture out what happened that night.

I was playing my piano with sorrow in my music room and trying to compose something sentimental which shows how pathetic to be so lonely on my birthday week.

Suddenly, I was SHOCKED by a KNOCK! (hey it rhymes!)
I opened the window then I saw All of them standing in front of my window with that sweet song

~Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you. da da da da da......~

The best thing of Birthday is you could share your special moments with the ones you care. You'll be terribly thankful for those who remembered, and seriously grateful for those who spent their time with you. Non even to mention those who prepared anything special for me. Its a MIRACLE to me.

Last Year I had surprise from my another group of friends. I celebrated my birthday three times if I have not mistaken. Once in a church, once in a japanese restaurant and the last one is the surprise I get in Halo music cafe.

Thanks to frederick, and my lovely choir friends for giving me such a big surprise.

I kept telling myself not to expect anything this year since I'm already NOT in Penang. Well, Birthday is just birthday, we should celebrate "how grateful we are to our mom who suffered years ago the time we were born ON THAT PARTICULAR DAY" instead.

Better concentrate on that "A" word.

-shhh!! Don let Kim hear this..She dun want to hear the word "A-S-S-I-G-N-M-E-N-T". Nope I din say it. I just spelled it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment